UX Research Manager H/F
Focus offers fresh and unique experiences to players around the world.
Our editorial policy stands out thanks to innovative concepts, inventive gameplay and original worlds that transcend the boundaries of video games.
With over 20 years’ experience and success, we put our passion and creativity at the service of gaming by creating unforgettable stories.
For everyone's entertainment.
Focus is seeking a UX Research Manager who is passionate about working with research teams to help them achieve their absolute best.
You will be on-the-job coaching, soliciting feedback, organizing internal and external training activities, and implementing your own initiatives for continual improvement - leading and growing a team of UX Researchers working on Focus’s games.
The successful candidate will join a nascent and growing UX Research team and will help to establish team’s direction, processes, and best practices, as well as being hands-on when needed.
You’ll also be expected to take an active role is growing the team, both in ensuring the team develop themselves professionally, alongside growing the number of user researchers in the team.
We’ll be asking you to use your initiative, looking for any additional responsibilities you can find that will contribute to the growth of both yourself and Focus.
You will join the User Research team within the Content department which aims to provide innovative services and expertise to our partner & internal studios in the development of their vision. Our goal is to support the projects on all content issues to create the best games.
This privileged position offers a global vision across all the productions of Focus Entertainment.
- Recruit, manage, and develop a team of Researchers while providing guidance on their work and mentorship.
- Improve processes and standards for games user research.
- Ensure that research deliverables address both product development and business strategies.
- Set team strategy and coordinate efforts to ensure the correct prioritization, timing and deliverables.
- Guide research activities to establish best practices and generate insights.
- Develop and nurture relationships with both other members of Focus Entertainment and internal and external developers across the organization.
- Define research processes that address practical logistics, the team’s way of working, and how they integrate into product development.
- Communicate the impact of research insights and efforts to various stakeholders.
- Apply a mixed method approach, harnessing a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods (including interviews, surveys, heuristics, telemetry).
- Successful experience in managing teams and a true passion for management.
- First-hand experience in the fields of UX or UR (or equivalent academic degree).
- Understanding, and XP, in a variety of research methods, interaction best practices and design principles.
- Enthusiasm in making a real difference to our games.
- Great analytical and synthesis skills.
- A passion to play video games and be familiar with the trends of recent games.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Have previous experience leading a research team.
- Be a strong communicator – both talking and listening. An ability to build trusted relationships and achieve consensus and buy-in at all levels of an organization.
- Have knowledge of game design.
- Have a master’s degree, or work experience equivalent, in ergonomics, cognitive psychology, or any other relevant training.
- Good IT & automation knowledge.
- Ability to work in French.